“The fact that the poor are alive is clear proof of their ability.”
– Muhammad Yunus, Banker to the Poor: Micro-Lending and the Battle Against World Poverty
Poverty is there in human society since last 10,000 years. Generations talked on its solution , oppression , social injustice, revolutions but it is still thriving happily today with more than 70 percent of the human race across all countries are poor, oppressed, devoid of capital.
Neither capitalism, nor communism and socialism could solve poverty across the world ??? Why …
Because humans does not want to solve this problems for their survival .. Imagine a world with no poverty:-
1. Many economists and noble prize will be dead
2. Communism/ Socialism will be dead as there are no poor and oppressed.
3. All political parties in the world will cease to exist. No Garibi and thus No Garibi Hatao.
4. No CSR and philanthropy for the super riches
5. Social scientists and activists who get an orgasm with the sight of poverty, and social injustice will become jobless
6. Poets , Literature will not get any plot.
7. Millions of massacre by dictators will be history
8. Religious fanaticism and business will get extinct.
9. Millions of posts on poverty will not be posted in the Facebook/linkedin.
Thus affected persons under 1-6 will become poor again 🙂 and poverty cycle continues.
“Once poverty is gone, we’ll need to build museums to display its horrors to future generations. They’ll wonder why poverty continued so long in human society – how a few people could live in luxury while billions dwelt in misery, deprivation and despair.”
-Muhammad Yunus, Creating a World Without Poverty: Social Business and the Future of Capitalism