HCL Infosystems ends the quarter with an all time high System Integration Order Book of over Rs. 4000crs
- Order book carried forward as on 1st October 2010 grew 100% QoQ and 120% YoY
- Board of Directors declared 100% quarterly Interim dividend. This is the 29th continuous quarter for dividends
HCL Infosystems India’s premier services and ICT Systems Integration, Hardware and Distribution Company today announced financial results for its first quarter ended September 30, 2010.
Mr. Ajai Chowdhry, Chairman, HCL Infosystems Limited, commenting on the results said –
“Over the last quarter, HCL Infosystems has successfully ventured into new markets and enhanced vertical expertise to sustain company’s transformation journey with solutions centric practices through specialised products. With the company expanding into the Middle East market through its subsidiary HCL Infosystems MEA, will not only reach out to a large customer base but also further build capacity to develop and deliver world class solutions.’
“With Harsh Chitale taking over the role of CEO, HCL Infosystems is all set to take its system integration expertise to newer boundaries and replicate the Indian ICT success story in other emerging markets globally. In the past one year the organisation has witnessed significant changes unveiling a new face of HCL Infosystems as a driver for creation of new markets and verticals backed by System Integration ICT solutions. I am confident that Harsh will successfully lead the company with a strong focus on both products and solutions, and deliver on our motto to enrich lives through business transformation”
The company’s charter of expansion led by transformation in the Services and System Integration business has resulted in the introduction of new practices, new products through IP creation for diverse System Integration solutions. The expansion strategy also involves tapping emerging sectors and aggressively augments services, exports and inorganic growth through possible mergers and acquisition.
Investing in the future
- Launched HCL O’zone, an end-to-end cloud based computing infrastructure
- Overseas expansion through inorganic growth in high potential emerging markets
- Employee strength grew to 7000 professionals as on September 30, 2010
- Addition of over 200 Domain specialists in the R&D and product development space
- Investing close to Rs. 40crs in a project to upgrade SAP ERP systems across the organisation
- Certified and validated the Financial Inclusion framework with the development of specialised Handheld Terminals and Software products on the UIDAI guidelines
- Supplemented System Integration growth with IP creation for over 30 products
- Investing in setting up technology “Centre of Excellence’ at Greater Noida, Jaipur and Mohali
- Continued to build on brand ‘ME’ with new promotional campaigns
- Continual investment in quality initiatives, working towards a six sigma approach
- Forayed in the affordable mass gaming market with ME gaming consoles
- Committed to sustainability, further invested in the development of green products
Key developments & growth programs:
- Harsh Chitale takes over as Chief Executive Officer
- Bagged an order to create India’s National IT Backbone for Healthcare on the Cloud – INHITC (India’s National Health Information Technology Cloud)
- Picked up majority stake in a Dubai-based company with offices across middle east – The new entity HCL Infosystems MEA to be the beachhead for Middle East and Africa
- Bagged an order for the deployment of ‘BancMate’ (HCL Infosystems’ core-banking solution) in Cameroon , Africa with multilingual capabilities
- Won a RAPDRP project worth Rs.100cr from HPSEB to roll out power reforms in the state
- Bagged country’s largest Targeted PDS (based on the UIDAI guidelines) order from Madhya Pradesh Government – to also generate 50million (approx.) UID numbers generated
- Deployed AFNET, country’s first fully secured and reliable network for the Indian Air Force(IAF) for net-centric combat and communication
- Set up India’s largest Airport Operation Control Centre for Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL)
- Project awarded for digitising data from Census of India for the year 2010 –11
- Successfully deployed Dial 100 solution for Police in Uttar Pradesh
- HCL Learning bagged multiple orders for IT training for employees in diverse industries including prominent IT, infrastructure, education & steel companies
- Empanelment with CED, Gujarat ( Centre for entrepreneurship Development ) for Training under PPP Model
- Signed on over 30 schools to deploy DigiSchools solution under HCL Learning
- 22% YoY growth in no. of enrollments at Career Development Centers(CDC) under HCL Learning
- 4 new CDCs made operational located at Rajkot, Howrah, Dhanbad and Raebareli
- Introduction of Series 05 Netbook with N450 Processor and ME Laptop series 55, 65 & 74.
- Bagged orders for its laptop and desktop range from leading educational institutions, banks and corporate
- In the office automation space, won multiple contracts including supply of MFPs and Projectors to a leading education institution across Karnataka
- Bagged an order to deploy and integrate AV equipment for the new facility of a leading entertainment channel in Chennai
- Digital Lifestyle business added new products to its portfolio of consumer electronics and mobile accessories
- Under the Digital Lifestyle & distribution business, Nokia launch of handset model 2690 was well received in the market also the much awaited Nokia C1 first dual SIM mobile phone and C3 the entry level QWERTY phone was launched this quarter which has received very good response
Awards and Accolades
- Mr. Ajai Chowdhry, Chairman, awarded ‘Electronics Man of the Year’ by ELCINA-EFY Awards along with recognitions for the company for award categories ‘Environment’ and ‘Quality Systems’ respectively
- Recognised as the Top Indian ‘Most Trusted IT Brands 2010’ by Economic Times ‘Brand Equity’
- Tops Employee satisfaction charts for consecutive year as per the IDC Dataquest survey
- Selected Business Superbrands by the Superbrands Council
The company has reported consolidated revenue of Rs. 2990.7 crores for the quarter ended September 30, 2010.
Consolidated profit before tax for the quarter was Rs. 74.0 crores.
Revenue from Computer Systems business for the quarter was Rs. 898.9 crores.
Profit before interest & taxes for Computer Systems business for the quarter was Rs. 35.8 crores.
Revenue from Telecommunication and Office Automation business for the quarter was Rs. 2077.1 crores.
Profit before interest & taxes for Telecommunication and Office Automation business for the quarter was Rs. 53.7 crores.
The Board of Directors has declared 100% quarterly Interim dividend. This is the 29th continuous quarter for dividends.
(100 % on an equity share of par value of Rs. 2/- each)
About HCL Infosystems
HCL Infosystems Ltd, with revenue (LTM) of US$ 2.6 billion (Rs. 12, 122 crore) is India’s premier hardware, services and ICT systems integration company offering a wide spectrum of ICT products that includes Computing, Storage, Networking, Security, Telecom, Imaging and Retail. HCL is a one-stop-shop for all the ICT requirements of an organisation. India’s leading System Integration and Infrastructure Management Services Organisation, HCL has specialised expertise across verticals including Telecom, BFSI, eGovernance & Power. HCL has India’s largest distribution and retail network, taking to market a range of Digital Lifestyle products in partnership with leading global ICT brands, including Apple, Cisco, Ericsson, Kingston, Kodak, Konica Minolta, Microsoft, Nokia, Toshiba, and many more. HCL today has India’s largest vertically integrated computer manufacturing facility with over three decades of electronic manufacturing experience & HCL desktops is the largest selling brand into the enterprise space. With India’s largest ICT services network that reaches to every corner of India, HCL’s award winning Support Services makes it the preferred choice of enterprise and consumers, alike. HCL Infosystems has a 100% subsidiary that addresses the physical security technology system integration market. The subsidiary leverages technology to build a security framework called ‘Safe State’ that safe guard’s life, infrastructure & society. For more information please visit us at www.hclinfosystems.in
About HCL Enterprise
HCL is a $5.3 billion leading global technology and IT enterprise comprising two companies listed in India – HCL Technologies and HCL Infosystems. Founded in 1976, HCL is one of India’s original IT garage start-ups. A pioneer of modern computing, HCL is a global transformational enterprise today. Its range of offerings includes product engineering, custom & package applications, BPO, IT infrastructure services, IT hardware, systems integration, and distribution of information and communications technology (ICT) products across a wide range of focused industry verticals. The HCL team consists of over 71,000 professionals of diverse nationalities, who operate from 29 countries including over 500 points of presence in India. HCL has partnerships with several leading Global 1000 firms, including leading IT and technology firms. For more information, please visit www.hcl.com